The Council has taken positions on a number of water quality and wastewater treatment issues and has submitted letters to the appropriate agency stating its position. Links to correspondence from others regarding water quality and wastewater treatment issues are also posted below.
- Letter (January 30, 2009) to Steve Gunderson re: Colorado Antidegradation Process
- Letter (March 3, 2009) to Patricia Wells (CWQCC) re: Proposed revisions to the Water Pollution Control Revolving Fund Rules, Regulation #51(5CCR 102-15) and the Drinking Water Revolving Fund Rules, Regulation #52 (5CCR 1002-52)
- Letter (April 13,2009) to Steve Gunderson re: Antidegradation Comments
- Response from Steve Gunderson re: Antidegradation Regulations and Guidence Review
- Letter (June 15, 2009) to Steve Gunderson re: May 13, 2009 Response from Steve Gunderson
- Response dated July 29, 2009 from Steve Gunderson re: Antidegradation Policy and Implementation Information Request
- Letter (October 14, 2009) to Steve Gunderson re: Response to Antidegradation Issues
- Letter (October 15, 2009) to Patricia Wells, WQCC, regarding Issues Formulation Hearing, the Basic Standards and Methodologies for Surface Water, Regulation #31 (5 CCR 1002-31)
- Letter to Patricia Wells, WQCC, regarding Issues Scoping Hearing – The Basic Standards and Methodologies for Surface Water, Regulation #31 (5 CCR 1002-31) (September 2008)
- Letter to Patricia Wells, WQCC, regarding Comments from the Colorado Wastewater Utility Council on State Water Pollution Issues (September 2008)
- Letter to USEPA re: Peer Review Request of Nutrient Standards Development Methodology (December 2008)
- Letter to Steve Gunderson regarding Development of Statewide Nutrient Criteria (May 2007)
- Letter to Dave Akers regarding Policy for Implementing the Narrative Standard for the Protection of Agricultural Uses
- Letter to Paul Frohardt regarding Antidegradation
- Letter from Steve Gunderson (May 2007) regarding Nutrient Criteria
- Letter from John Ostrowski of Plum Creek Wastewater Authority to Steve Gunderson regarding Chatfield Control Regulation (July 2007)
- Division response to letter from John Ostrowski (August 2007)
- Letter to WQCC expressing its support for the Colorado Water Pollution Control Revolving Fund (WPCRF) program and the Intended Use Plan (IUP) (October 2007)
- Letter to Weld County advising the Council would not provide funding for the Soils database.
- Letter to the Colorado Water Quality Commission regarding its November work session on antidegradation.
- Letters to State Senators opposing HB1337, Water Quality Improvement Fund Penalties, and providing recommendations for further consideration.
- Letter to the Ron Falco of the Colorado Water Quality Control Division requesting an electronic version of the mailing list of Colorado wastewater entities that have systems with compliance problems for use in the Mentoring Program.
- Letter to Ron Falco of the Colorado Water Quality Control Division requesting an electronic version of the mailing list of Colorado wastewater permittees for use in the Mentoring Program.