The Colorado Wastewater Utility Council (CWWUC) is a nonprofit organization that became a Colorado corporation on October 14, 1991, and in 2002 received exemption under Section 501(c)3 of the Federal Internal Revenue Code.
The activities of the Council consist of:
- Monthly meetings to discuss water quality and wastewater issues and make recommendations.
- Subcommittee meetings to develop positions on water quality and wastewater issues.
- Annual training seminar on relevant topics.
- Annual business meeting in September to elect officers.
- Proactive in tracking state and federal WWTP and water quality issues, guidance policies and regulations.
- Conducts special projects funded by members.
The Council's mission is to professionally and responsibly promote environmental protection by supporting legislation and regulations which achieve well-defined environmental benefits while maintaining local flexibility.
Become a member by completing the Membership Form.
Membership is open to any municipal or quasi-municipal agency in Colorado engaged in the operation of any collection, treatment or disposal of wastewater. Annual fees are based on the size of the wastewater collection system or treatment plant. See fee schedule at the bottom of the Membership Form.
- A voice in developing Colorado's water quality programs
- An opportunity to work directly with the Water Quality Control Division on critical issues that impact you
- Participate in special studies of interest to Colorado wastewater systems
- Advice and guidance from industry peers
- Proactive approach to track state and federal water quality issues, guidance policies and regulations
- Legislative updates provided by a member lobbyist
- Water Quality Control Division updates provided by Division Staff
- Coordination of Council activities with other organizations
- Presentations at professional organization conferences
- Annual training seminars on timely topics - permitting, upcoming regulations such as ammonia, temperature, and nutrient criteria
- A Mentoring Program designed to assist you with system, water quality, and compliance issues